Pages

"You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased. I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

--Psalm 4:7-8--

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Blade of Grass





Have you considered a blade of grass?
Its stem grows tall and weak,
Bending, blowing, swaying
With the breeze;
Yet it does not break.

It can be damaged by the cows'
Chewing, squishing, stomping
With their hooves and teeth;
Yet it shall still grow.

The strength of this lies in its roots,
Which strong and lively are.
They push deep, that none
Shall it uproot.

The grass is like one hid in Christ
Who, when trouble seeks to strike him down
He shall rest upon the Lord,
Who his foundation is forever.


This is still a little rough, so if you have constructive criticism to offer, I'll gladly take it! I would like to do more with the last part, since it really is the point of the poem-- I had to rush of to milk the cow, though. But, I want your input on the general structure of it before I make a final draft! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment