Pages

"You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased. I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

--Psalm 4:7-8--

Thursday, September 17, 2009

This 'n That

It has been far too long since my last post! The cool Autumn breezes are now advancing, and splashes of red accent the hillsides. Before long we'll be huddled around the cozy wood stove sipping hot tea... (I can hardly wait!) :-)

My family and I enjoyed going to the FCC family conference so much this August. We benefitted greatly from all the sermons, and the fellowship was (and is) so encouraging. At the conference, I tried each day to decide which was my 'favorite' sermon, and seemed to always be the last one I'd heard! My favorite now, I think, is the first one preached, by Gavin Beers, titled "Christ Ridiculed" (I didn't listen to it 'til after arriving home!). Mr. Beers exposed elements of Christ's crucifixion that are truly awesome, terrible, and humbling to consider... One thing I had never thought about before, but amazed me, is how God used the words of wicked men (and words from the Psalms) to confirm that Jesus was indeed the Christ. Everything was prepared and orchestrated by God in such a way that the evidence was right there-- obvious to anyone who could see. Only, their eyes were closed... "For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all. Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" Romans 11:32, 33.

After coming home from the conference, it seems we have been caught in a whirlwind again...

There has been much harvesting-- wild berries and apples, and produce from our garden, projects begun, problems to solve, and family and friends to see. Just two days ago, with help from family and friends, we butchered a huge water buffalo and put it in the freezer (more later about this!). It was one of the longest, most satisfying days I have ever experienced... *sigh*

I best get to bed, before I start writing incredibly boring thoughts that no ears (or eyes) but mine should know. Hopefully I will write more interesting details of life sooner than a month from now!

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment