Pages

"You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that their grain and wine increased. I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

--Psalm 4:7-8--

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Two Essential Volumes :-)

Mom and Dad purchased a copy of the Scottish Psalter (version with tunes) this August at the FCC conference-- with my direction and pleading of course!! I am finally learning more psalm tunes! I have tried to adopt it as my own, but have had to learn to share... :-( My very favorite so far is Babel's Streams, and other tunes I have found I really like are Effingham, Wetherby, Stornoway, Kilmarnock, and Richmond. From the RPCNA psalter, I like Kingsfold (psalm 22), and Hope (psalm 121). It is so wonderful to be closer to having the ability to sing the psalms at will-- next goal is to not need the psalter so much. :-)

I have also been reading an excellent commentary on the Westminster Confession of Faith (by Robert Shaw)-- which is incredibly helpful! I have read these things already in the Confession, but having them explained for me is incredibly valuable. I am still on the section about the Word of God, but the knowledge gained from his explanations has already been invaluable to me in conversing with unbelievers. If your stack of books is not yet too tall, add a good commentary on the confession! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment